These articles are perfect for coaches, counselors, therapists, and a variety of other wellness entrepreneurs.
These quotes may increase your self-confidence, increase your motivation, or help you feel more empowered to take action (Bedrov & Bulaj, 2018). Research has found that exposure to inspirational, motivational quotes may help you in a few different specific ways including:
- Reminding you of your agency and ability to exert control.
- Prompting you to self-examination and introspection, leading to insight and self-improvement.
- Affirming and empowering you by increasing your self-esteem, self-worth, or self-confidence.
- Providing you with helpful insight, advice, examples or guidance from people who have achieved success.
- Acting as a reality check – reminding you that success may take work and also that success may not require perfection.
- “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” ― Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery: An Autobiography
- “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” ― Oprah Winfrey
- “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” ― Anthony Robbins
- “Determine that the thing can and shall be done and then… find the way.” ― Abraham Lincoln
- “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” ― Maya Angelou
- “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” ― Winston S. Churchill
- “Success is finding satisfaction in giving a little more than you take.” ― Christopher Reeve
- “If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn’t anything you can’t do.” ― Jim Henson, It’s Not Easy Being Green: And Other Things to Consider
- “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “All my wins are lessons and all my failures are lessons that will one day become wins.” ― Tiffany Haddish, The Last Black Unicorn
- “I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.” ― Oprah Winfrey
- “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” ― George Bernard Shaw
- “For me, becoming isn’t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn’t end.” ― Michelle Obama, Becoming
- “I was taught to strive not because there were any guarantees of success but because the act of striving is in itself the only way to keep faith with life.” ― Madeleine Albright, Madam Secretary: A Memoir
- “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.” ― Abraham Lincoln
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” ― Andrew Carnegie
- “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” ― Phil Jackson
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” ― Michael Jordan
- “Anyone who imagines they can work alone winds up surrounded by nothing but rivals, without companions. The fact is, no one ascends alone.” ― Lance Armstrong, It’s Not about the Bike: My Journey Back to Life
- “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” ― Bill Gates
- “I do not think there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.” ― John D. Rockefeller
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ― Winston S. Churchill
- “I think for anyone to become good at something, they have to fail a lot too. And they have to be completely unafraid to fail or they’ll never make it to the next level.” ― Amy Schumer, The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo
- “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
- “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.” ― Robert T. Kiyosaki, Rich Dad, Poor Dad
- “When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” ― Ellen DeGeneres, Seriously… I’m Kidding
- “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.” ― Vince Lombardi
- Bedrov, A., & Bulaj, G. (2018). Improving self-esteem with motivational quotes: opportunities for digital health technologies for people with chronic disorders. Frontiers in psychology, 9, 2126.